Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reflection # 12

This week, really opened up my eyes tot he reality of teaching and how close it is in my future. We learned about the salaries that teachers make and they really aren't as bad as I thought. It is possible for some one to raise a family on teachers salary. We each got to explore some different state salaries, which was a lot of fun. I have no idea where I'm going to live in a couple of years, but this really help narrow my possibilities. In California, the teacher benefits are much better then in Utah. In California, they cover all medical and dental expenses and you also get 10-15 days of sick leave. Also, with technology classes, you get a good budget and then on top of that, you can charge a small lab fee and put that towards any thing for your class. 

Since this is my last reflection, I wanted to express my gratification for this class and how much it has helped me become a better teacher and in turn become a better person. Some of the hard things for me this semester was one waking up for 8 o'clock class (which i need to get used to for next semester), also I compared myself to every one in the class, because every one is such a good teacher and they are going to be amazing. However, I realized that I can be just as good and I am excited to grow as a person and a teacher. Our Savior is the ultimate example and that is who I aspire to be like. What better job then to exemplify the Savior .

No comments: